Konjōji Hondō (with Amida-dō and corridor attached)
Konjōji Hondō (with Amida-dō and corridor attached)Konjōji Hondō is one of the five separated temples of Miidera. This temple, also called “Takakannon”, is the 4th stop of Ōmi Kansai Kannon Pilgrimage. It is placed on mountain south of Kannondō, along with Amida-dō and Benzaiten-she. It was founded in 904 (4tyh year of Engi Era) by the famous Tendai Buddhism scholar Annen Oshō and rebuilt in 1716 (1st year of Kyōho Era). It was opened a gaijin and a naijin in which are enshrined a standing statue of 1000 armed Kannon (gilt bronze, Heian period) and 28 bushū deities. The Hondō is linked by a corridor to Amida-dō, built in 1850, that enshrines Zenkōji Nyorai (gilt bronze, Kamakura period). They are both precious examples of Edo period Buddhist architecture.
- Designation division：Cultural Property of City of Ōtsu
- The times：1st year of Kyōho Era (1716)
- Place：2-11-8 Ōsaka,Ōtsu city