TōinTōin is the mausoleum of Tendai sect founder Chishō Daishi. Fundamental part of Miidera, it is considered a very sacred place. It is called Tōin because it was built in 868 to keep the sutra and the ritual implements that Chishō Daishi, also called Enchin, brought from China, Tang Empire (Jap. Tang= Tō, Tōin= Tang Hall). The actual hall was rebuilt in 1598 (3rd year of Keichō Era). In front of the east side are lined up Yotsuashimon, Kanjōdō ,Tōmon and Daishidō. South of Kanjōdō in 1666 (6th year of Kanbun Era) was built Chōjitsu Gomadō.
- Designation division：Cultural Property of Japan
- The times：Momoyama Period
- Place：246 Onjōji-chō,Ōtsu city